Monday, June 4, 2007

My brain hurts

Now this is just plain scary. Byzantium Shores has tagged this blog with the "Thinking Blogger Award." I won't bemoan the fact that this makes me feel more than a little like Bart Simpson from that season 1 episode "Bart the Genius," mainly because I already feel that way any time I read one of my fellow Fearless Futurians' posts (way to ratchet up the pressure, Jaquandor. Thanks a million.).



This award/meme even has rules. How swanky is that?

  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
  2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
  3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.


So here's my list (by way of not actually doing any actual blogging that makes me, you know, think). If I read the rules right, my co-conspirators each need to come up with their own unique lists as well. Which means I get to snag the low-hanging fruit:

  • Bad Astronomy: I've been a huge fan of Phil's for years, even before I knew he had a blog. Watching him rail against ignorance is always a joy, especially in his uniquely entertaining and lucid manner.
  • Nalo Hopkinson: I'm a big fan on Nalo's writings--both fiction and bloggish. She brings a unique and confident viewpoint to the often insular world of speculative fiction. She needs to write faster.
  • Roberson's Interminable Ramble: It's not enough that Chris co-owns a fine publishing house and churns out a new novel every 3.21 days. No, he's also got to be everywhere on the internet at all times, ferreting out all the cool stuff I wish I'd found first.
  • Pharyngula: I disagree with P.Z. Myers' antagonism towards all things religious, but I do strongly agree that the Bible is not a science textbook, and that superstition must not trump observed fact. He's a champion of the rational over the irrational, and that makes him a must-read.
  • CarrollBlog: Jonathan Carroll can make something as gross and mundane as picking chewing gum off the sole of his shoe a poignant, spiritual experience. I remain to this day in awe of his blogging powers (Jess Nevins notwithstanding).


No comments: